Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Screen Overlay Detected Error: Xperia XA Dual Android Marshmallow

It was only two days back i bought my new android mobile Sony Xperia XA dual. It runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 and has a pretty descent spec which attracted me to buy it. This is not a review about the phone but just a small attempt to help out fellow android users.

It happened today morning that i ran into an error when i tried to open Album. It was showing this message
Note: this one is from web . What i came across was with Album and not "instagram" . But i feel its Pretty much the same

I was not sure how it came up all of a sudden since I have being trying different features in marshmallow (I was a Jelly bean user and this is the first time i am using it). I selected "Allow"  option from the message and then the following message came :


I selected "Open settings" and then i got redirected to "Draw over other apps" menu
I was unsure about what to do with it and did quite a lot of mess around apps changing permissions and i'm still not sure what all changes i have done across the settings.

 But i was able to solve the issue of screen overlay error. I came across a few solutions from web and luckily one worked for me . So if you come across such an issue you may try any of these.

1. Changing App Permission

1. Select "Settings"
2. Select "Apps"
3. Select the "Gear" icon on top right area of Apps
4. Select the option " Draw over the apps"
5. This will redirect you to apps with permissions set in the device

6. Select the app for which permission is required
6. Select the toggle to turn on permission as above

Reopen the app after these changes

2. Remove the permission of  Memory cleaning/File Manager/Battery monitoring/Data usage Monitoring Apps .

Using the steps mentioned above(steps 1 to 5) you can remove the permission of

1. Memory management apps(Clean master) or
2. File manager App(Zapya)
3.Battery Monitoring App(DU Booster, DU Battery Saver)
4. Data Usage Apps(Data Usage Monitor)

3. Uninstall the apps mentioned above 

If the above two methods doesn't solve your problem, you can probably try un-installing the apps mentioned. I am not saying the problem is caused by all these apps, but any one of these can be the reason for the error

What worked for me:

The issue got solved when i removed "DU Battery Saver" app. 

I am not saying installing the app caused the issue. It could be because i have set permissions/access to apart from default features. I have still not figured it out since  solving the problem was my primary target 

Other References

I came across few other solutions across the web/forums/communities by going through posts and comments. I am not guaranteeing these will work , but have be successful in certain devices

1.

2.

3.

4.



Kindly note that all these information are from Web communities and i m not guaranteeing that the above reasons and solutions can cause and solve the error. All i wanted is to share the little information which can help the android users. Hope this helps


Note:  From what i read in forum, many devices are having such an issue and different solutions exists.If you come across better solutions, please feel free to comment. I will try to add it to the main content.


Information courtesy: 
www.androidpit.com
http://www.howtogeek.com/
http://forums.androidcentral.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment